Capturing my thoughts

..:: I left my heart in Israel ::..
Israel Experience 2005

[Day 6 - 19th June 2005]

Today, we're gonna have a long but interesting day and night for us...we are leaving Jerusalem and heading towards the Judean Desert by the end of the day.

Our first stop for the day, for me at least was rather solemn..that's because we are at the Yad Vashem...it's a musuem to serve as a remembrance to the Holocaust. We spent like about a few hours touring the place...the time given was of course NOT ENOUGH! The place was huge!!! It's like a big maze where as you kept walking you can stop to hear and look at the accounts of survivors...it's heartbreaking...I think even one day is not enough to tour the place completely. There ain't much pictures of the musuem because phototaking is not allowed...If anyone of you is interested in knowing more about the Holocaust, I've bought this big book " To Bear Witness". I think the book accounts of about less than 50% of what we have seen in the musuem...some of the pictures and accounts that I saw in the musuem was printed out in the book as well...it is mind-blowing and horror of what the Jews had went through...


We are at the Valley of Communities...where all the names of the Jewish communities that were destroyed by Nazi Germany are listed...it's hundreds and hundreds of them like the next picture... Posted by Picasa


Here are the names of the countries / states... Posted by Picasa


memorial... Posted by Picasa


This is the Children's Memorial...remembrance to the children who suffered and died during the Holocaust Period...In it was a dark passage room where there are pictures of the many children who perished...it is a scary sight...and as we walk in, names of these children, their age and where they live were read out, one name would take probably 10 secs....to successfully hear ALL the names being read out will take you..well...7 YEARS!!!  Posted by Picasa


A picture of the entrance building of the Museum from where we're standing (Children's Memorial) Posted by Picasa


We left the Museum and was travelling on the road on our way to go swimming!!!! Here's our first sight of the Dead Sea! Posted by Picasa


This is the Great Rift Valley!!! Wow!!! I heard much about it in my geography lessons but never thought I would see it!!! It's awesome Posted by Picasa


This is us, after having our fun on the Dead Sea...nope, I'm not going to show here in the blog on pictures when we're in it! Ask me for the photos if you want!!! Haha! Posted by Picasa


Arriving at the Bedouin Camp after our fun at the Dead Sea...here's where we gonna spend our night here!!!! Look around...it's sand and stones everywhere!!! Posted by Picasa


Karen and I enjoying ourselves on the camel ride! Posted by Picasa


I love this pic! Posted by Picasa


Our lovely, friendly camel with fashion sense! Look closely at it's forehead! Posted by Picasa


Introducing us to their Bedouin Culture....look at that instrument..i think it sounds good...it's their "guitar"... Posted by Picasa


Right...here's is where we are going to sleep in at night...it's oh-so-cosy... Posted by Picasa

5:00 PM